4.4.12

Spiritual health and good self-esteem.

Two nights ago before bed Corry turned on a movie called, The Rite.  I groaned inwardly because I could tell by the title that it was a scary movie and I don't like scary movies.  Especially before bed.  Anyways, we watched most of the movie and it really wasn't that scary.  It was a supposedly "true" story about demon possession.  Anyways, he gets tired when there is 20 minutes left of the movie and turns it off.  I went to go to the bathroom, and I felt paralyzed by fear.  Like I said, the movie wasn't that scary, but this wasn't, "creep-ed-out-by-a-scary-movie-scared."  This was fear like I haven't felt since I was a kid.  Like shaking, hyperventilating silent tears scared.  Corry just told me I was bonkers and prayed for me calm me down, and he also accompanied me to the bathroom and checked it for anything scary before I went in, stood outside the door for me and then walked me back to bed.  (He's so sweet and accommodating of my craziness...)  Anyways the next morning this really disturbed me.  I thought about the movie, and it didn't make me scared.  I couldn't understand why I had reacted so strangely.  I told my mommy about it and she said that I must have been spiritually scared.  And last night when we finished the movie, I thought, she must be right.  They say that the way to keep from being possessed and to be able to exorcise someone who is possessed is to have complete faith in God.  I think watching that movie made me scared that maybe I don't have complete faith in God, and maybe because of that he's not here for me.  I mean, do I trust God to make sure that nothing bad happens to me?  Really, I don't.  I want to, but experience tells me that is just not the case.  I think he has better things to do than to intervene every time something bad is going to happen to me.  Do I have enough faith?  It's a weird question.  I'll keep praying for willingness to change and to grow closer to him and hopefully I will.
In other news my wonderful friend Tiffany sent me two beautiful dresses, (a blue vintage taffeta shirtwaist dress and a pink floral number with cute little cap sleeves and a set of vintage pearls!!!)  I feel so blessed to have her as a friend.  She's been going through some stuff that I really understand and empathize with, I think she could use some prayers and some blessings because she is so wonderful!  I will post pictures soon!  Another blessing, I have something to wear to the wedding shower I'm apparently, "planning" for Kristy (Corry's brother's soon to be wife) and to their wedding!  Yay!

2 comments:

  1. I bought you a little devotional on spiritual warfare. I will give it to you next time I see you. I love you honey, but God loves you way more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((((((((Emma)))))))) I just want you to know that I am praying for you EVERY day!! I know that God wants a close personal relationship with you and with Corey. Keep praying, keep reading your Bible, and I would really like to see both you and Corey getting hooked into some kind of gathering of christians, just to have that support from them and thier prayers and encouragement. Satan is like a roaring lion seeking to destory all those he can. I pray you will get the armour on and stand firm in HIM. Knowing that he loves you more then you can imagine!! I love you Emma. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete