30.3.12

Prayers answered?

So, I've been praying a lot that Corry will find a job that really challenges him and makes him happy.  The other day at work he got really fed up of the politics there and the people and he went to one of his supervisors and asked him about the logistics of going down to part time so he could find another part-time job.  His supervisor told him to hold tight for just a little longer, and the next day, pointed out a trainer position that has just opened up.  A position that Corry has interviewed once before and was passed up for, but still!  And today another supervisor pointed out that same position to him!  Maybe this is God answering my prayers!  I sure hope so...because I do feel Corry feeling dissatisfied that he has worked so hard in life, and there were times where he was doing really well for himself, only to be pushed back down to the bottom and made to start at entry-level jobs.  He has mentioned how he feels the mark of Cain on himself, and that makes me so sad!  Another thing is that the movie store here in town is hiring part-time, and so is the bank across town.  I think I'll put in applications there considering the weather is nicer now and Abbe and Luke can walk home from school.  They walk with me here everyday anyways...but it seems like finally I'm getting a response from God.  Maybe it's because now I'm asking for more than just what I want, I've been asking for a willingness to change my ways and direction in my life.  Maybe my life isn't glitz and glamour.  Maurissa has recently expressed disappointment in what I've chosen in life.  She has mentioned before that she always imagined me being rich...but that isn't what I want.  I know some people might laugh at this but I'm really not a "things" person.  I'm happy being poor, some of the best years of my life I was poor (money-wise) but really rich as far as having family who just loved the poobers out of me and I was able to do the things I loved.  I'm praising God today either way.  Even if Corry doesn't get this promotion, and even if I don't get either of the jobs I'm applying for, God has given me hope that it can happen.  That there are still opportunities out there for us.  I would hate very much to become stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment