18.4.12

Eeeeek!

So this is the scene at my apartment this morning at 3:00.

I'm sleeping peacefully, dreaming about puppies.  All of a sudden, Corry starts thrashing around SCREAMING at the top of his lungs!  (AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!)  Of course this makes me sit up and start screaming too!  (AAAAAHHHHHHHH AAAAAHHHHHHHH!)  And hyperventilating because I just got woken up from a deep sleep by a grown man screaming.  I grabbed his arm and started shaking him, (at this point we're both still screaming.)  And he sits up, opens his eyes, screams for a few more seconds and then slowly realizes he's awake and stops.  I'm still hyperventilating.  "Holy crap!  What's going on?!"  I say.  He then explains that he had a dream that he was a little kid, and he was sleeping down in his parent's old cellar.  Apparently the cellar door kept popping open, and he was trying to shut it but something kept pushing back from the other side.  This kept happening until the final time, when it popped open before he got back to bed.  He saw that the door to the upstairs of the house was open and he realized his Dad was probably up there.  He also realized that what kept popping open the door was a demon.  At that moment,  I think he saw the demon, and he knew he couldn't get upstairs to his Dad, and he tried to scream but his throat felt closed and he kept trying and trying until he could, but then as he was waking up he saw that our bedroom door was open, and he thought I was the demon grabbing his arm...needless to say it was a scary night!  We prayed together for protection from evil and for good dreams and good thoughts and went back to sleep...but I feel so bad for him!  He said he hadn't felt that scared since he was a little kid!  I thought, wow I know that exact feeling.  Anyways, now I'm wondering if I shouldn't get this apartment blessed.  Why are he and I both feeling so scared of demons?

1 comment:

  1. I am praying that God would pull you close and post angels at each corner of your apartment. Remember to keep filling yourselves with what is GOOD. I love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete