25.7.12

Whiner...


I think you should do your job. I think a lot of people don’t do their job, because they don’t like their job. I don’t get that. You know, if you go to a coffee place, and the kid looks at you like, “Uh.” I didn’t come to your house to ask you for coffee. This is a coffee place. Your clothes match the building, I had a right to expect—and you’re closer to the coffee machine.
I don’t know why someone wouldn’t want their job to go really well. And I think usually it’s because they’re twenty. Because they’re twenty-year-old douchebags. I’m prejudiced against twenty year olds. Because, nineteen you’re still your parents’ fault. Twenty, you’re technically an adult, but you still haven’t done anything.
Twenty year olds at their jobs are always like, “This job sucks.” Yes, that’s why we gave it to you! Because you’re twenty. You haven’t done anything. You’ve just been sucking up resources, you’ve just been taking food and love and education and iPods, and taking it and judging—“I like that,” and “Oh, that sucks.” You’re like a big orange on a tree that’s rotting, and the tree is like, “Get off!” and you’re hanging on, “I don’t want to go.” If you’re twenty, you definitely have never done a thing for anybody.
 -Louis C.K. 
Okay, well that long quote has a lot to do with how I've been feeling lately.  I took that job at straight forward because Corry and I were struggling money-wise and he was working so hard and HE hated the job so I figured, why am I so special?  That he works his butt off everyday and I sit at home and pick my nose?  Well, there wasn't really anything that made me so special.  He's my partner and I need to treat him the way that is right.  It's not unreasonable in the least for him to ask me to work.  However, I have another job now!  A job I like!  A job that doesn't make me want to throw myself down the stairs rather than go to!  I don't deal well with being yelled at, and that's all straight forward is.  I'm strapped by the ear to a computer where I sit and have people scream at me all day long.  It sucks.  Oh, there is an "opportunity" to make bonus, but you have to have your schedule adherence at 100%(meaning if I'm 30 seconds late back from break I need to make that up or I'm not eligible) I need to keep my calls under 600 seconds WITHOUT interrupting anyone, and I need to save 75% of the calls that I take.  I HATE this job!  I really do try my best to be good at it and not to complain but seriously sometimes at night I feel tempted to not set my alarm so that I sleep through it.  I've given people credits and discounts that I wasn't supposed to, (though I do think the people I did that for deserved it!), and afterwards hoped that someone would listen to the call and fire me for it.  The thing that REALLY sucks is that we're still struggling I'm unhappy.  I guess at the end of this complain-y rant I'm asking for advice....what do I do?  Should I keep at it and be miserable...is that just life?  To work at a job that makes you feel miserable for a while?  Am I being like the coffee-house 20 year old that Louis CK is talking about?  I feel very conflicted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment